There are a lot of issues faced by iPhone and iPad users after updating their device. Don’t worry. You are not alone facing these problems. There are a lot of DIY solutions to fix them in a matter of minutes.
Poor Battery Life:
The most common issue with Apple devices is poor battery life which happens when you update your iOS 9. iOS 9 update is required to update your device with new features, but it brings poor battery life as a consequence. We have some tips and tricks mentioned below to overcome this issue:
- Check Your Apps: If your iPhone, iPad or iPod are draining of power, then there is a quite a fair chance that this could be because of some app instead of the device itself. There can be some third party app installed on your iPhone draining power earlier than expected from the device. To fix this issue, you need figure out that particular app by going to Setting>Battery where you will see battery usage tools. These tools will display the battery used by all the apps. You can force the highest battery consuming app to stop by going to Setting > App > Choose the app > tap on force stop.
- Uninstall Facebook: Out of all the apps, Facebook is most common culprit among battery draining apps. Many users have complained that even if the app is not in use, it consumes more than 15% of battery every day. You can choose to uninstall Facebook from your iPhone, iPad or iPod to save considerably better battery life.
- Using Pokémon Go: Pokémon Go is a GPS enabled app and you need to play it online. As with other online games, it consumes a lot of power of your Apple device. If it is played for a long time then it can reduce the battery life. But there are some tips to save battery while playing this game:
- Reduce brightness of the Apple device
- Use an exterior battery pack
- While you are on roaming, turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Mute the Volume
- Activate low power mode: Along with other new features of iOS 9, you can activate low power mode feature which saves your device’s battery life when you need it the most. To enable this setting go to Setting > Battery > Low power mode > On. You can manually control the power consumption with this app and can eventually save hours of your Apple device.
You can perform another minor setting on your device to save the battery life:
- Activate airplane mode
- Disable iCloud keychain
- Disable the Backgrounds app refresh feature
- To adjust screen automatically use an array of sensors
If none of the above-mentioned solutions work for your device then you need to contact Apple support.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Issue:
It is one of the commonly faced problems by Apple device users. Both of the issues are related and have a common resolution. You can go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset network setting. By resetting the network setting your data will not lose your data but it reverts the network settings to its default state. Try connecting to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth again. This step should resolve the issue. If it doesn’t fix it then you can contact our technical support number to get assistance.
iOS home button Issue:
After updating your iOS 9, you may notice the difference in the functionality of Home button. Earlier you could unlock your device by “Slide to Unlock.” If you want to revert to the old feature, then go to Setting > General > Accessibility > Home button > turn on “Rest finger to open” option. With this option, you will be able to unlock iPhone or iPad by touch ID and you wouldn’t have to press the home button anymore.
iPhone is not vibrating after updating:
If your iPhone is not vibrating for incoming messages, then you can try restarting your iPhone by holding sleep and home button simultaneously for 10 seconds. Notice your Apple logo when you restart your device if the resolution is not as desired, then you can try factory resetting your phone. Factory reset will bring back the original settings of the device but it will remove all the files and settings on your iPhone, so you need to back up everything before considering resetting your iPhone.
Touch ID is not working:
Sometimes you may not be able to unlock your device by touch ID. In that scenario, you can follow following steps to fix it. Go to Settings > Touch ID > Passcode > Enter your passcode > Turn off iTunes and App Store and then reboot your device. Go back to Settings > Touch ID > Passcode > Turn on iTunes and App Store > Remove your fingerprints and rescan your fingerprints. To do this, Go to Settings > Touch ID > Passcode and scroll down to the list of fingerprints. Delete the fingerprints registered on the device which you do not need anymore and then restart your device. After it turns back on, go back to settings and re-register your fingerprints. In this way, you will be able to use Touch id again to unlock your device.
iPhone or iPad is overheating after updating it to iOS 9:
After updating your device to iOS 9, it will start updating all the Apps in the background, which can eventually result in overheating your device while getting it charged. Mostly it is a temporary issue and it reverts to normal temperature when all the apps have finished updating themselves. If this overheating issue persists, then you can turn off the auto sending of diagnostic and usage data by going to Settings > Privacy > Diagnostics and Usage. If this step doesn’t fix the issue, then you can visit your nearest apple store to get this diagnosed and fixed.
iOS 10 is running slower than iOS 9:
After updating your software from iOS 9 to iOS 10, your device may be running slower than before. This issue could happen due to numerous reasons. When you install iOS 10 then, first of all, it optimizes all the apps to make them compatible with the new software. It normally takes a couple of hours to get all of this working. But even after waiting for 12-13 hours if it still doesn’t work properly then you can turn on the Reduce motion option. To do this, Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion. This setting turns off the sensitivity to motion effects in your device and makes it run faster. Besides, you can cut down on visual effects by turning on reduce transparency option. You can go to Setting > General > Accessibility > Increase Contrast.
In addition to all the resolutions mentioned above, you can also free up some space on your Apple device and that can make it run smoother. You can delete some unwanted pictures, videos or data which you may not need. You need to have at least 1 GB of free space to make sure the device is not lagging and running smoother.